Thursday, July 23, 2020

Prayers Are Always Answered

Psalm 40:1-3

I waited patiently for the Lord; and He inclined to me, and heard my cry. He also brought me up out of a horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my steps. He has put a new song in my mouth-praise to our God, many will see it in fear, and will trust in the Lord.

Over the last several years, I spoke many times about trusting in the Lord. There are many verses in the Bible that tell you the same thing. So why is it that so few people believe that God answers prayer? God will always answer prayer through His Holy Spirit who will never let you down.

First of all, would you trust someone you didn't know? Of course not. In order to trust someone, you must know them inside and out. What are they capable of doing, do they tell the truth, are they reliable, and so on. You can check out what God is like in the Bible. The Bible is the only 100% truth in this world.

Many times people think a prayer wasn't answered, because things didn't happen the way they expected. Consider this. Let's say you pray for a good job. You get an offer that isn't what you want, so you think your prayer wasn't answered. The job you are offered may be a stepping stone to a better job then you asked God for. An airplane is not an airplane until hundreds of thousands of parts are all assembled in the proper place, and so it is with God and answering prayers.

There are many prayers answered in different ways. Years ago our finances were tight. The answer to my prayer was a refi on my house at a much lower interest rate. It amounted to a little over 300 per month. This I might add was much more than we were hoping for and certainly not the way we expected it to happen. But there you have it. Start looking at answered prayer in a new way. And ask the Holy Spirit to help you see it.

 One last thing. I speak from personal experience. I have been disappointed on a couple of occasions. I didn't get what I wanted, when I wanted it, but in both instances, the answer came a few years later, when I realized without a doubt in my mind or my heart, what I was saved by not getting the answer I wanted. My way would've been an incredible disaster for me. Praise the Lord for blocking my actions and my desires. God bless you and your family. Praise the Lord!

Proverbs 3:5-6

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding: in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your path.

Remember Jesus Loves You

Prayer of Salvation

Lord Jesus, please forgive all of my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior. I want to serve only you.
Praise the Lord!
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment