Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Peace In Your Heart

Habakkuk 3:17-18

Though the fig tree should not blossom, nor fruit to be on the vines, the produce of the olive fail, and the fields yield no food, the flock be cut off from the fold, and there be no herd in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the Lord, and will take joy in the God of my salvation.

I like to quote this verse often, because to me, I see my life through the Bible. By the way I also like Job. I can relate to these two people.

As we go through life, many things just seem to happen. Usually the bad things gang up on you, and good things seem few and far between.

The way I have come to look at it, the good and the bad are pretty much the same. They are in fact tests allowed by God for us to check our faith. Sound crazy? Let me explain.

Human nature has a tendency to take things for granted. When everything is going great, most of us congratulate ourselves for being smart, ambitious, hard-working, and more clever than the other guy. God does not enter into the picture. Most of the time, we don't even acknowledge His existence.

On the other hand, when things are going against us from everywhere, the majority of us blame God. Even if they never thought of Him, they now blame Him for everything that is wrong in their life. They take no responsibility for any of the things they did against God. There are times however when somebody gets so desperate they are ready to lose their mind, and they all of a sudden in desperation ask God for mercy. The amazing part of God's love for us is that He does help.
Job 2:9-10
I
Then his wife said to him, “do you still hold fast to your integrity? Curse God and die!” But he said to her, “you speak is one of the foolish women speaks. Shall we indeed accept good from God, shall we not accept adversity? In all this Job did not sin with his lips.

So you see, by doing what he does, God allows us to see where we stand in our faith.

                                                              Hebrews 13:5

Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said,” I will never leave you nor forsake you.”

Remember Jesus Loves You

Prayer of Salvation
Lord Jesus, please forgive all of my sins, and come into my heart as my personal savior. I want to serve only you.
Praise the Lord!
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment