Thursday, July 16, 2020

Out Of Nowhere

Colossians 3:2

Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth.

In case you haven't noticed, the Holy Spirit uses common things to get you looking at how the idea applies to something else.

I enjoy shooting at targets. Since I wanted to be a better shot, I investigated the way the military trained snipers. If I couldn't learn from these guys, I couldn't learn from anybody.

One of the first things I learned, also suggested a test to prove the point. When you aim, you look at the target only, and concentrate on it. Do it until everything around the target disappears. I tried it, and it works.

The next bit of advice was, the more you practice focusing on the target, the faster the system works, to the point it seems automatic.

Sometime later, the Holy Spirit brought this lesson to my heart in another way. If we focus on God and His Word, we will grow in the faith. More focus, better results. God's Word will change your life and your eternity. With all of the focus on God and His Word, the things of this world will start to fade from your consciousness.

Focus is a two edge sword. It can also work the other way, if you focus on the world, sin, and evil. You'll get depressed, angry, and become what you are focusing on. It is inevitable your focus on the world will take you away from even noticing God.

So you see, what you focus on, will become real. Just as the target gets to be all you see, good or evil, God or satan will determine who you follow. If you don't focus on Almighty God, you stand a ,good chance of missing Him entirely and messing up your eternal life. God bless you and your family. Praise the Lord!

Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation
Lord Jesus, please forgive all of my sins, and come into my heart as my personal savior. I want to serve only you.
Praise the Lord!
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment