Thursday, December 21, 2017

Christmas


I would like to tell you a true story of Christmas. It starts out like the story most people can relate to.
My wife and I had two children, many moons ago. When Christmas came each year, we did all we could to make our kids happy. Plenty of gifts all of the time. Everything was happy and fun.
Well, our sons grew up, and the older they got, the less fun it was. It just never seemed to be the same. As a matter of fact, as each Christmas came, I started to get depressed two weeks before. It became increasingly difficult thinking about Christmas.
A number of years ago, we finally figured out that Christmas was about Jesus, and not only about children and gifts. Every year we make an effort to remember that. When all of us gather for Christmas dinner with our close relatives, we have a birthday cake for Jesus. All of this really turned things around for me. The depression, and the empty feeling left me.
 I'm happy to say, that now Jesus is in my heart in a special way. I have felt Jesus in my heart, for a long time. But for some reason, it seems multiplied by thousands of times now. He is God's greatest gift to us. Christmas now, has joy that I have not felt before, even more so than when our kids were small and at home.
When we replaced the so-called normal Christmas observance, with the gift of Jesus, and what His birthday means, all of the so-called normal Christmas traditions, are enjoyable again.
Remember this my friends. If Jesus didn't come, and later die and rise again, we would all be doomed to hell for eternity. If that isn't a reason for great joy, I don't know what is. We ask God's blessing on each person, and wish you a blessed and Happy Birthday Jesus. God bless you and your family. PraiseThe  Lord!
Remember Jesus loves You.
Prayer of salvation
Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me. Your blood washed away all my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought me salvation. Please forgive my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior.
Thank You Lord
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment