Thursday, December 28, 2023

1 Peter 5:6-7, Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time, casting all your cares upon Him, for He cares for you.

There are many verses in the Bible that the so-called experts tell us died with the apostles. I for one do not agree. Every verse in the Bible applies today, one way or another, just as it did then.

The verse today is one of those. It has been said by many that it used to be applied to this or that and is now irrelevant. I believe it has more power today than it ever had.

When I became a Christian, I wondered how and in what circumstances could I apply this verse. The truth is I did an experiment with it. I put something small in God’s hands, and what do you suppose happened? What I prayed for happened. Like so many things in the Bible, the truth matches the faith.

Matthew 17:19-20, Then the disciples came to Jesus privately and said, why could we not cast it out? So, Jesus said to them, because of your unbelief, for assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain move from here to there, and it will move; nothing will be impossible for you. 

As I called on these verses every day, I began to see that what was best for me always happened. As a result, my faith grew a little more each time. My answer wasn’t always what I wanted or expected, but the fact is God heard my prayer and didn’t let me down. Ever.

Another benefit of all of this, my faith has reached a point where I pray and believe and receive. One thing all Christians must realize is that satan will always try to make you doubt. Don’t fall for that stuff, trust the Lord and His word. As you read His word and meditate on it, your faith will grow and you’ll find that satan has no power over you in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ.

1 Peter 5:8-9, Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour. Resist him, steadfast in the faith, knowing that the same sufferings are experienced by your Brotherhood in the world.

James 4:7, Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.

If everything I have said sounds too simple or too good to be true the answer is, it is simple and it is also very true. Read the word, meditate on the word, and believe the word. Remember God does not think the way we do, and what is in the spiritual world is what our human minds cannot comprehend.

The truth is out there my friends. Like anything else in this world, to get better at anything you must put some effort into it and work at it. The same thing is true with faith. Read the word of the Lord, meditate on it, practice it, and grow in faith. God bless you and your family.  

Praise The Lord!

Remember Jesus loves you.

Prayer of Salvation.

Lord Jesus Christ, I am a sinner. I know you suffered and died on the cross and rose again to wash away my sins and to save me. I acknowledge my sins and I Repent of those sins and ask you to come into my heart as my personal savior. I believe and I receive the gift of salvation. Thank you, Lord Jesus. Amen. 

Praise The Lord!   

No comments:

Post a Comment