Sunday, July 31, 2022

A Perfect Life

Revelation 3:20-21, Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come into him and dine with him, and he with me. To him who overcomes, I will grant to sit with Me on my throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne.

Practically everyone has their own idea of a perfect life. Almost anyone you ask, will tell you they have a dream of what that life would be in every detail. Bubble bursting time. There is no one on this Earth who has a perfect life. Even people who have reached what they thought was a perfect life, ended up being disappointed.

Have you considered that maybe a big part of the problem is the definition of perfect. The definition of perfect is, complete without defect or blemish. Content means, satisfied and happy.

Perhaps we look at things that are unrealistic. Take a rainy day for instance; one person is happy it is raining, and another is depressed because it is raining. There are countless examples in life that tell the same story. There's an old saying that is true now, it will be tomorrow.” Nothing is good or bad, the mind makes it so” So what is the answer? A few things to think about.

It is okay to dream. The trick however is to be happy now. Start looking at what is good in your life now. Look at the basics first, and compare it to other less fortunate people. Do your best with what you have, and you will be happy now, instead of being unhappy thinking about what you don't have.

 You may have everything you need in order to realize that dream, but you don't recognize it because you can't see through your negative attitude about your situation. Think about that and the following verses.

Luke 12 :15 , And He said to them, take heed and be aware of covetousness, for one's life does not consist in the abundance of the things he possesses.

Hebrews 13: 5, Let your conduct be without covetousness, be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, I will never leave you nor forsake you.

The goal or dream we should have, is that someday we and our families and the people we love will be with the Lord in Heaven. That starts with salvation. The time is now, the hour is late. God bless you and your family. 

Praise The Lord!

 Remember Jesus loves you.

 Prayer of Salvation.

 Lord Jesus, please forgive all of my sins, and come into my heart, as my personal savior. I want to serve only you.

Praise the Lord! 

Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment