Tuesday, March 15, 2022

My Time With Jesus Tuesday

Prayer Is The Key

Since the time that I was young, I have been amazed by well-meaning people telling probably every kid alive, “to be successful, you must study ''. As far as I was concerned it was a great idea but, no one explained how. 

Prayer is pretty much the same way. Innumerable people tell you to pray and believe, but no one tells you how to pray effectively. I am here to explain what the Holy Spirit told me. By the way He answered me because I asked Him to. I will explain the way I pray in a way that will make you feel confident that your prayers will be answered. As a matter of fact you may like it so much if you try it, that you pass it on to family and friends.

First of all, prayer is talking to almighty God, and telling Him what is on your heart. It is a personal conversation with someone who has unconditional love for you. He loves you and wants the best for you. I look at it this way. God is a king who has control of everything, and he has the final word on all things.

Isaiah 33:22, For the Lord is our judge, the Lord is our lawgiver, The Lord is our king, He will save us.

Since God is a judge as well as king, He must make decisions in the courts of Heaven. I'm not suggesting that our Supreme Court is even a shadow of God's court, but I am just using the Supreme Court as a reference point.

When you pray, you are actually taking your case to the highest court. When we do, just as any good lawyer would tell you, you must be prepared and follow the law. You need a worthy cause. You learn applicable information from the law, in this case the Bible.

When you present your case, you must set precedents, you must have credible witnesses, you must have knowing in your heart that this judge will decide in your favor.

All of this is a conversation with our God and judge. He is totally honest, loves you, and will do everything for your good. Everything you need for this case is contained in the Bible.

Tell the judge that you stand on his own words, and you will not be moved. Mention three or four quotes that you are standing on. Here are a few you might like to use. Every Bible has a concordance, that is like a dictionary that will direct you to any subject you need versus for.

John 15:7, If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you .

Mark 11:24, Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them. 

1 John 5:15, And if we know that He hears us, whatever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we have asked of Him. 

Philippians 4:16, Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with Thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God. 

These verses are an example of what you might want to include in your prayer or petition. As a follow-up to this message, the one on Thursday evening will be an example of the way I do it, in case you are interested. This will just be an example. Modify it to suit what is in your heart. God bless you and your family. 

Praise The Lord!

Remember Jesus loves you.

Prayer of Salvation.

Lord Jesus, please forgive all of my sins, and come into my heart as my personal savior. I want to serve only you. 

Praise The Lord! 

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment