Thursday, March 10, 2022

An Analysis Of Prayer

Mark 11:24, Therefore I tell you, everything you pray and ask for-believe that you have received it and it will be yours.

The biblical  meaning of prayer is; how the people of God talk to Him. Prayer has always been looked at as positive or negative, usually determined by how you were brought up.

When I was young, people used a prayer book. This book had prayers for all kinds of things, such as finding something that was lost, to making faith stronger, and anything you could think of. As a matter of fact people believed in praying to Saints. There were patron saints for anything and everything.

Matthew 6: 7-8, When you pray, don't babble like the gentiles, since they imagine they'll be heard for their many words. Don't be like them, because your Father knows the things you need before you ask Him.

I found it very difficult to believe in written prayers. They were someone else's words. Reading prayers never worked for me. We never knew there was a direct path to almighty God, so that is all we could do at the time. As a result, I just fell away from the religion I was brought up in.

Ephesians 6:18, Pray at all times in the spirit with every prayer and request, and stay alert with all perseverance and intercession for all the saints.

John 4:24, God is spirit, and those who worship Him must worship Him in spirit and in truth.

When I became a Christian, I found out that unlike religions that teach of a far-off untouchable God, Christianity is a relationship with almighty God, the creator of the universe. This changed everything. Now, instead of praying and hoping I discovered praying and knowing. After getting into God's Word, I discovered a number of things. I didn't just know that God and Jesus, as well as the Holy Spirit existed, I knew who they were and what they did. I also found out that all believers are saints according to the Bible.

John 15:7, If you remain in me and My words remain in you, ask whatever you want and it will be done for you.

I gave myself a question and answer( prompted by the Holy Spirit) that made the difference. If my son had a need, and asked me to help, would I turn him down? The answer was no, I would help.

If I would be that way with my son, my Father in Heaven would do even more. That was the convincer. I started talking to my Heavenly Father knowing He would help.

A couple of other things. When Jesus was ready to ascend to Heaven after He rose from the dead, He promised to send the Holy Spirit to help, teach, and guide us.

John 14:13-14, Whatever you ask in My name, I will do it so that the Father may be glorified in the Son if you ask anything in My name I will do it.

When you know the promises God made to us in the Bible, and you stand on those promises when you talk to Him in prayer, in my opinion , and speaking from experience , there is no way He will not answer a prayer according to His will. His will of course is plainly written in the Bible. God bless you and your family. Praise The Lord!

Remember Jesus Loves you.

Prayer of Salvation.

Lord Jesus, please forgive all of my sins, and come into my heart as my personal savior. I want to serve Only You. 

Praise The Lord! 

Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment