Sunday, March 13, 2022

A Day to Treasure

Psalm 118:24, This is the day the Lord has made, we will rejoice and be glad in it.

We have a small patio in front of our house. About 6 AM this morning, I went outside to have my coffee. I thought about this verse, because every day before I get out of bed, my wife and I both say it.

My wife of many years joined me. There was a pleasant breeze, birds were singing. We talked about how good the sound of the birds was, because we both feel that when birds sing, all is well with the world.

As we sat there, my wife commented about what good neighbors we have. That led to thanking God for them, and the town we live in. Well when we get started, we realize just how much God has blessed us. He really does supply all of our needs. We aren't rich  in this money, and have been on a modest income over 18 years, and I can honestly say we have lacked nothing.

Think about every breath you take, everything you see, hear, and feel. Start realizing the blessings all around you. Appreciate them, and realize that God is always there, even when times seem hard.

I have had a triple bypass, a heart valve replacement, and half of my liver taken out because of cancer, to name a few things that have happened to me. My wife has had knee replacement and hip replacement. The really funny thing is, because we trusted God before these problems, we had peace in our hearts. As a result of God's love and the power of the Holy Spirit, today my heart is good, my cancer is gone, and I feel great. My wife gets around like she hadn't done in years. I would like to add that these medical problems came up in our middle and late 70s.

Maybe you'll think I'm a little bit wacky, but we think everything in our lives has been a blessing. It is during hard times, that we see and appreciate how much God loves us, and takes care of us. I tell you all of these things in order to help you in your life. Prayer does work my friends. The Holy Spirit still works incredible miracles. Jesus still loves you and will never let you down. The only regret we have is that we are human and we can't love God the way He loves us. It is not possible in the flesh so will have to do it when we see Him in the future in our spirits. God bless you and your family. 

Praise The Lord!

Remember Jesus Loves You

Prayer of Salvation

Lord Jesus, please forgive all of my sins, and come into my heart as my personal savior. I want to serve only you. 

Praise The Lord

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment