Thursday, November 11, 2021

Be Content

Hebrews 13:5,  Keep your life free from the Love of money: be satisfied with what you have, for He Himself has said, I will never leave you or abandon you.

In thinking about what we as humans have to think about, some rather interesting things came to mind. As usual, the Bible is the best place to get answers, and the Holy Spirit will show you where it is in the Bible

James: 13 - 17,  come now, you who say, today or tomorrow we will travel to such and such a city and spend a year there and do business and make a profit. Yet you do not know what tomorrow will bring, what your life will be! For you are like a vapor that appears for a little while, then vanishes. Instead, you should say, if the Lord wills, we will live and do this or that. But as it is, you boast in your arrogance. All such boasting is evil. So it is a shame to know what is good and yet not do it. 

So how does this fit in? People make plans and decisions as though they will live forever. At one time I thought so too. Not in this life my friend. There is an old saying: “the best laid plans of mice and men”. The truth of this saying probably came from someone who understood what Jesus was teaching.

Proverbs 16:9, A person's heart plans his way, but the Lord determines his steps.

 We Like to think that we are in control of our lives. We are not in control. Thousands of seemingly minor things happen all over the world, 24 hours a day, any one of which could trigger a disaster for you.

 Luke 12 : 15, He told them, watch out and be on guard against all greed, because one's life is not in the abundance of his possessions.

 It took many years for me doing it my way, to find out that the only real control I have, is to turn my life over to God almighty. He knows what will be best for me in this life, and get me to the right place in eternity.

When you put God in charge of your life, you don't have to worry about someone in the world sneezing, and your IRA goes down. You can spend your life enjoying life, or spend a miserable, useless life chasing an illusion. People have literally sacrificed their lives, families, and salvation by chasing the god of money.

There is nothing wrong with collecting something you like. Almost everyone collects something.  Beware that what you are collecting does not become so important to you it is as though it was a god. It may sound ridiculous but think about what is so precious to you, will be garbage to comes after you.

Proverbs 27:1, Don't boast about tomorrow , for you do not know what a day might bring.

It all boils down to this my friends. Whatever you strive for in life, it's one heartbeat away from belonging to someone else. and you don't know when that last heartbeat is, So be prepared. Make your number one objective, To find the Lord Jesus as your personal savior

Luke 12: 16- 21, Then Jesus told a parable. a rich man's land was very productive. He thought to himself, what should I do, since I don't have anywhere to store my crops? I will do this, he said. I'll tear down my barns and build bigger ones and store all my grain and my goods there. Then I will say to myself, you have many goods stored up for many years. Take it easy, eat, drink, and enjoy yourself. But God said to him, you fool! This very night your life is demanded of you. And the things you have prepared - whose will  it be? That's how it is with the one who stores up treasure for himself and is not rich toward God.  God bless you and your family!

Remember Jesus loves you.

Prayer of Salvation.

Lord, please forgive all of my sins, and come into my heart as my personal savior. I want to serve only You. 

Praise The Lord! 

Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment