Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Listen



It Is Written, John 16:13, however when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come.
Over the last week or so, I spent quite a bit of time listening for, and meditating on the voice of the Lord. That may seem strange to people who have not really paid attention to it in their own lives, but it is true.
God speaks to everyone, but not everyone hears Him. If you are not familiar with God's Word, the Bible, chances are good that you too will not hear Him. If you read His Word carefully, chances are good you will hear His voice, because you will be listening for it.
Here is another shocker. You can carry on a conversation with the Holy Spirit, just as you would with your best friend. Many times I would be doing something and run into a problem. It got to the point where I automatically say, Holy Spirit, what should I do now. In most cases His answer is immediate, and I know what to do. If I forget something like a phone number, I ask Him and wait. He always answers.
The next important thing, is to follow through on what He tells you. If what you hear does not go against the Bible, it is probably the Holy Spirit. If in doubt ask Him for verification.
Listening to that small voice and doing, is critical. Ask yourself this. If Noah and many other Bible figures did not act on the Word of God, you and I would never have heard of them.
 God takes the perfect person for each task. The perfect person that is, in God's eyes, because most of the time He uses people you would least expect. He doesn't care how smart you are, how good-looking you are, how big or how small you are. Many people have a hard time believing God could use them, but fortunately it is what God thinks of us that counts. It is the greatest privilege there is, to serve Almighty God.
Now you may be saying to yourself this all sounds like fantasy. Let me just say this. If you haven't really tried to follow God and listen for Him, on what do you base your decision. It's the same thing with eternity. If you don't know what the Word says about being saved, how can you possibly be saved? You don't run your life making decisions without any facts do you? Think about that. God bless you and your family. Praise the Lord!
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation
Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me. Your blood washed away all my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought me salvation. Please forgive my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior.
Thank You Lord
 Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment