Thursday, December 15, 2022

Not Done Yet

Psalm 71: 18, Now also when I am old and gray-headed, o God, do not forsake me, until I declare your strength to this generation, your power to everyone who is to come.

2 Corinthians 4:16 Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day.

As we reach old age and we will, it is common for men to look back to when he or she was young. We can find many things we enjoyed, and were able to do with ease. For many people, getting old is depressing because there are some things they cannot do anymore.

My wife and I have coffee every morning and usually spend a good part of our time talking about God. During that time the Holy Spirit usually puts something on our hearts. This morning the message was about gratitude. We are to be grateful to God for all the things we were able to do in the past. That was the time for those things.

Ecclesiastes 3: 1-8, says that to everything there is a season a time for every purpose under Heaven. When you cannot do what you used to do it is time for a new season. If we focus on the past, we cannot see the future.

Proverbs 16:3,  commit your Works to the Lord and your thoughts will be established.

Psalm 92: 14, They shall bear fruit in old age;  they shall be fresh and flourishing, to declare that the Lord is upright; He is my rock, and there is no unrighteousness in him. 

Look at the future as a time of exciting change, a new beginning. Get the old brain going, and think out of the box, and commit your future to God. He will never disappoint if you believe.

God bless you and your family. 

Praise The Lord!

Remember Jesus loves you.

Prayer of Salvation.

Lord Jesus, please forgive all my sins, and come into my heart as my personal savior. I want to serve only you. 

Praise The Lord!

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment