Tuesday, February 22, 2022

My Time With Jesus Tuesday

Feed The Spirit Man

John 6:53-59, So Jesus said to them. Truly I tell you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink His blood, you do not have life in yourselves. The one who eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day, because My flesh is true food and My blood is true drink. The one who eats My flesh and drinks My blood remains in Me and I in him. Just as the living Father sent Me and I live because of the Father, so the one who feeds on Me will live, because of Me.

Every living thing, man and animal alike, knows that they require food to live. Without an adequate supply of food or the right kind of food, nothing can survive.

Just as the natural body requires food, the spiritual man requires spiritual food. That spiritual food is the Word of God. Without a steady diet of the Word of God, our spiritual self will start to deteriorate. If we don't have the spiritual food, we will slowly Drift from God, and His Voice gets smaller and smaller until we no longer hear it.

Consider this truth: if our spirit man does not take in spiritual food, it is susceptible to satan's junk food. That junk food is the evil we face every day in the world. 

Matthew 4:4, He answered , it is written man must not live on bread alone but on every word that comes from the mouth of God. 

Matthew 6:11,Give us today our daily bread.

Many of us grew up reciting the Lord's Prayer, or as some call it the Our Father. Jesus taught that prayer to His disciples when they asked Him how to pray. One of the phrases in the prayer is to “give us this day our daily bread”. Many people do not connect that with Jesus' pronouncement that He is the bread of life.

1 Peter 2:2, Like newborn infants, desire the pure milk of the Word, so that you may grow up into your salvation.

Consider what happens when you take communion. The bread is associated with Jesus' broken body at the crucifixion. The Bible tells us the lashes on Jesus back and the horrible beating according to Isaiah chapter 53, by his stripes we are healed. It means what it says. I know from personal experience the healing is true.

Jesus' blood was spilled to wash away our sins, past, present, and future. The spirit man requires a steady diet of spiritual food. Holy Communion can be received even if you are alone. Read Jesus' words at the Last Supper when He broke the bread, and drank the wine. Yes it is legitimate communion.

John 4: 34,  My food is to do the will of Him who sent Me and to finish His work Jesus told them.

God bless you and your family. 

Praise The Lord!.

Remember Jesus loves you.

Prayer of Salvation.

Lord Jesus, please forgive all of my sins, and come into my heart as my personal savior. I want to serve Only You. 

Praise The Lord! 

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment