Thursday, April 29, 2021

Are Dreams True


 John 14:26

But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you.

When you read about ancient people, one of the most common beliefs that they all seem to share, is a belief in dreams. Most lived their lives by what their dreams told them.

I don't know about you, but I have had some pretty nonsensical dreams. Usually they are so far from reality, that they are something to laugh about. Are they always like that? I will tell you a short story that just happened. See what you think.

As I have said many times, I got to the point of trusting the Holy Spirit to help me with everything, by paying the price for doing everything on my own.

Proverbs 3: 5 - 6 tells us, trust in the Lord with all of your heart and lean not on your own understanding. Acknowledge Him in all your ways and He shall guide your path.

It sounds easy at first, but hard to do, until you see results. Before I do anything, I ask the holy spirit for help and guidance. My wife tells me I say blanket prayers because, they cover everything. I guess I do, because I have so much faith in the Holy Spirit, and because He never lets me down.

Okay back to the dreams. the other night I had a dream that seemed a little strange until my wife explained it to me. In my dream, I was with four other men. We were supposed to build something. I was in charge of the project, so I told the group not to touch anything until we talked to the Holy Spirit. Well we did talk to the Holy Spirit about protecting our eyes, hearing, hands, and everything else including the tools we worked with. At this point I should say that Psalm 91 is  great  for protection. I totally count on it for that, and we pray it every day during our morning prayers.

I finally figured out that when you remember dreams you are remembering something that is a vision of what happened the day before, or something you heard or read about. Usually these are all jumbled up and kind of silly and maybe scary sometimes but they all have one thing in common. If you fact-check your dreams you will find that 99% of them are total nonsense  so you can forget about them. In that small percentage that's left over, if it seems impossible or crazy, fact check them with what the Word of God says. When you analyze your dreams in the light of God's Word,  you can usually see that the Holy Spirit is trying to get your attention. I am not saying this is the case all of the time, but I am saying if you fact-check the dream against the Word of God, the chances are that it is a genuine dream that you can rely on, and therefore act on.

My wife told me it was obvious to her that the Holy Spirit wanted me to talk to Him at all parts of the day. Makes sense to me. This seemed to me to be a confirmation of what I have just mentioned. Sometimes something may not be totally clear but if you start to think out-of-the-box and put God's Word and your dream together, it will more than likely make sense.

Over time you will find out that if you act on what you think the Holy Spirit is telling you, you very seldom go wrong. and on occasion when you do go wrong, if your motive was right, the Holy Spirit will more or less bail you out. You have nothing to lose by following the Holy Spirit, but the troubles you run into by operating without Him. God bless you and your family. Praise the Lord!

Remember Jesus loves you.

Prayer of Salvation.

Lord Jesus, please forgive all of my sins, and come into my heart as my personal savior. I want to serve Only You. 

Praise the Lord! 

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment