Tuesday, March 9, 2021

My Time With Jesus Tuesday

Forgive You

1 John 3: 19 - 20 

By this we shall know that we are of the truth and reassure our heart before Him; whenever our heart condemns us, God is greater than our heart, and He  knows everything.

The other day, I was talking to someone I have known most of my life. As we talked it became obvious that something was troubling him. I felt in my heart that he needed to talk, so I flat-out asked him if he wanted to tell me about it. He seemed to jump at the chance.

He told me that as he gets older, he looks back at his past, and has an awful lot of regrets. He told me about a number of things that he did, and then almost an equal number of things he didn't do. All were bad decisions with very big consequences.

He went on to say that life was no blessing to him. He had been blessed, but he had no real gratitude to God. He said he was running out of time to do anything, and that the thought of maybe going to Heaven did not make him grateful either.. 

Philippians 3:13, brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. But one thing I do is forget what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead. 

I must admit it was all a shock. I asked him if he ever talked to the Holy Spirit before he made a decision. His answer was no, because he thought he knew what was best for him. I gave him the following verses.

Proverbs 19:21,  many are the plans in the mind of a man, but it is the purpose of the Lord that will stand.

Jeremiah 29:11,For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare, and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.

Ephesians 1: 7 - 9, in him we have Redemption through his blood goodness of our trespasses, according to the riches of his grace, which he lavished upon us all wisdom and insight. Making known to us the mystery of his will, according to his purpose, which he set forth in Christ.

I suggested to him that God had allowed what happened, because he didn't seek God's answer. On the rare occasion that he did seek God he didn't wait for God, but just jumped into his own decision.

God forgave all of that. A few things are required though. First acknowledge what we did to God. Second, I told him to forgive himself, and ask the Holy Spirit to help with the right decisions, and wait for a clear answer before doing anything.

He looked like a huge load was lifted. It is too soon to determine the outcome, but I expect he learned some lessons. If you are a little like my friend, remember all things are possible with God. Hindsight can be a killer. don't compare how you think now in comparison to what could or should have been in your opinion. Just let the Holy Spirit do the thinking according to God's plan. God bless you and your family,

Praise the Lord!

Remember Jesus loves you.

Prayer of Salvation.

Lord Jesus, please forgive all of my sins oh, and come into my heart as my personal savior.  I want to serve only you 

Praise the Lord! 

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment