Thursday, March 4, 2021

Exciting Times

Psalm 56 : 3 - 4

When I am afraid, I put my trust in you. In God, whose Word I Praise, In God I trust; I shall not be afraid, what can flesh do to me?

My wife and I were having our regular coffee time, and briefly discussed the news. We once again invited the Holy Spirit into our day and home, and thanked God for another day.

1 John  5: 4-5,  for everyone who has been born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world - our faith. Who is it that overcomes the world except the one who believes that Jesus is the Son of God.

The Lord is a God of suddenly. Suddenly we got a reminder of how God is in charge of everything. Nothing happens in this world unless God allows it. Therefore we realized  since that is true, it all must be a part of God's master plan. All of a sudden we got excited about the fact that we knew it was God's plan. So as many people do, we began to speculate about what the Lord is up to.

The first thing we thought of was that maybe God was allowing all of these events that are going on, to give all those who will be saved, the time to accept Jesus as their savior. Another thought was that the times are a wake-up call to all believers, to pray for a revival. After all, 2 Chronicles 7:14 says,  if My people who are called by My name, humble themselves, and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from Heaven and will forgive their sins and will heal their land.

Then reality struck. No man can know the mind of God in these things. It is useless, because God is the creator of all things, so only He gets to decide who, what, when, where, and how.

1 Peter 5-7, Casting all your anxieties on Him, because He cares for you.

What we must all remember is that faith and prayer is what God expects from each of us. Faith helps us to see with spiritual eyes the way God sees. Fear prevents us from being able to see God's way. Fear always gets in the way of what God is doing.

Yes these are exciting times, because our Redemption is near, and our final destination is in sight. Remember this. Fear is a tool of satan. Fear is Darkness. Faith is trust in  Jesus. Jesus is light. Darkness is always  overcome by light. So my friends it all boils down to this. Just get close to God, trust in Him,  take one day at a time,  and don't worry about what comes tomorrow. Everything on this earth is temporary. Our future home is forever. God bless you and your family. Praise the Lord!

Remember Jesus loves you.

Prayer of Salvation.

Lord Jesus, please forgive all of my sins,  and come into my heart  as my personal savior. I want to serve only you. 

Praise the Lord! 

Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment