Tuesday, March 2, 2021

My Time With Jesus Tuesday

Indifference

 Revelation 3: 15 - 16

I know your works:  you are neither cold nor hot, I would thou be either cold or hot. So, because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of my mouth.

Some of the churches and worshippers in these times, fit perfectly in this verse. How did they get that way? Maybe the churches were a little lacking in their teaching. Maybe the people got caught up in other things.

When a person is very young, he may or may not learn about Jesus from his parents. If the parents send him or her to a school run by a religion, it pretty much depends on how that school is run, and what it teaches.

When I was about eight or nine years old, I went to a parochial school. On Sunday the whole school went to church together. A few verses were read and I was really interested, and wanted to hear more. Unfortunately the person preaching, talked about something that had nothing to do with God.

After many such disappointments, I became indifferent to God and my religion. I became very good at ignoring God. This went on for many years. I went through the motion on a few occasions to please a loved one.

Fast forward 50 or so years. By the grace of God, I found Jesus, or I guess I let Him find me. My whole life changed in fantastic ways. My faith grew to the point where it is a matter of fact concerning prayer and God. I have no doubts in His power and love for me. Even through many difficult times, the hand of the Holy Spirit was on me. He never ever let me down.

It is very hard to find a church that helps you grow in your love for Jesus. The human element is always there. So if you're not getting what you need at that church, find one where you will.

Many people aren't sure they really love God. They go by feelings instead of faith. Loving Jesus is not like your first love when you were young. You know what I mean.

Loving Jesus is a hard thing to figure out sometimes. Know this. Your spirit loves Jesus all of the time. It reminds you of that when you hear a hymn, or think of Jesus crucifixion, how you got those tears in your eyes, or that feeling in your heart..

The Holy Spirit gives each of us little promptings in our heart. You know how that feels. Follow those promptings, because they will lead you and those you love to eternity with Jesus. Jesus doesn't give up on you, don't give up on Him. Get into God's Word the Bible, and find out who Jesus really is, and how much He loves you. God bless you and your family. Praise the Lord!

Remember Jesus loves you.

Prayer of Salvation.

Lord Jesus, please forgive all of my sins, and come into my heart as my personal savior. I want to serve Only You. 

Praise the Lord! 

Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment