Sunday, September 13, 2020

Sincere Prayer

 Matthew 6:7

And when you pray, do not use vain repetitions as the heathen do. For they think they will be heard for their many words.

I don't know how you feel about prayer, but I do know that for most of my life, it was just hollow words. When I was growing up, there were quite a few sources of prayers. There were and still are prayers for anything you can think of. I am not knocking this, because I realize, many people need these prayers, because they find comfort in them.

There are however some people like me, who have more of a personal conversation with God. I want to pour my heart out to Him. I want to tell Him about what is on my mind. I want to thank Him and praise Him in my own words.

I always felt that prayer was a conversation with God, just as you have conversations with someone that you have a personal relationship with. I have come to know in my heart that the Holy Spirit will take my clumsy words, and turn them into a perfect prayer to God.

So my friends, get comfortable talking to God about anything, anytime, anywhere. It is easy if you ask the Holy Spirit to help. There are no set rules about prayer. The big thing about prayer is it has to be from your heart. Look at it as talking to your Father. God bless you and your family. 

Praise the Lord!

Remember Jesus Loves You 

Prayer of Salvation

Lord Jesus, please forgive all of my sins, and come into my heart as my personal savior. I want to serve only you. 

Praise the Lord!

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment