Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Accuracy Of The Prophets


It Is Written, 2 Peter 1:21, for prophecy never came by the will of man, but the holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit.
It Is Written, Amos 3:7, surely the Lord God does nothing, unless He reveals His secret to His servants the prophets.
Many people think that the Bible is irrelevant, just a collection of stories. That is absolutely not true. The Bible was, and is way ahead of its time.
One of my favorite prophets, has always been Isaiah. I have read that book a dozen times, at least. Right now I am reading and meditating on it again, because there are so many prophecies in it that you see in other parts of the Bible.
As I read it this time, it seems that my eyes have been opened even wider. In all of his preaching to Israel, he was absolutely correct about everything he said. When you look closely at the prophecies, you can see today's times in them.
As I was reading, I saw that he could have been talking about present-day America. In so many verses you could change a name, identify a practice, or the values of people. If you go by the fact that prophecies have been so accurate, you can look at the rest of the prophecies in the Bible and see what will happen in the future.
The countless verses of prophecy are condemning Israel at times, and looking to the future of Israel, and really the rest of the world. When you look at what he was telling them, he might as well be living today and telling the people of the United States. Nothing has really changed. Unfortunately instead of using God's Word as a way of making good decisions, we keep repeating the same mistakes, and anger God.
Look at the headlines and stories in the paper, or listen to them on the news, and a reasonably intelligent person would see actions by people, and countries, that are following the Bible exactly. The big problem for them is they do not know or believe what the Word of God is telling them, so they are on a path to destruction and don't even know it.
If you doubt what I say, just read the book of Isaiah and see what conclusions you make. God bless you and your family. Praise the Lord!
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation
Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me. Your blood washed away all my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought me salvation. Please forgive my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior.
Thank You Lord
 Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment