Thursday, September 15, 2022

Everyone Needs Prayer

John 15:16, You did not choose me, but I chose you, and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain, That whatever you ask the Father in My Name, He may give you. 

While it is true that everyone needs prayer, some are more in need than others. A very large portion of the world population falls into a category I call the forgotten ones.

Forgotten people fall into several groups. Whichever group they are in, they all have something in common. We will explore them now.

There are countless people in nursing homes, assisted living, retirement homes, etc. Many of these people are ignored by everyone. They have no one that cares if they live or die. They have no hope, and most are waiting to die.

Then we have those who live with family or friends. Some are  abused mentally or physically, or both. They are constantly treated as the unwanted, and as a burden. It is pretty common for them to feel that they are in the way, even though they are treated like family in some cases.

There are some people who live alone. Friends have passed, and they have no one. They live in a world that treats them like they don't even exist. Yet just another group waiting to die.

So what do all of these people have in common? They are easy targets for satan. Many even think about suicide, and some actually do it. Desperation is a common feeling. So you may say, what has that to do with me? Well my friends, it has everything to do with you and me.

These people need our prayers desperately. Just in case you say prayers are a waste of time, let me remind you that God is pretty clear about prayer.

Mark 11:24, Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them. 

1 John 5:15, And if we know that He hears us, whatever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we have asked of Him.

I have seen the impossible happen when you stand on the Word of God. Prayer for the Salvation of these forgotten ones and everybody else that you could think of should be at the top of your list. If you know some of these people, a kind word or two every once in a while would help a lot. Let them know that someone does care.

One thing to keep in mind is that you and I have been blessed by God with our salvation, health, and every other way you can think of. It is our duty to help others in some way. God bless you and your family. 

Praise The Lord!

Remember Jesus loves you.

Prayer of Salvation.

Lord Jesus, please forgive all of my sins, and come into my heart as my personal savior. I want to serve only you.

Praise The Lord! 

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment