Tuesday, October 26, 2021

My Time With Jesus Tuesday

Peace In Heart And Mind

1 Peter 5:7, Casting all your cares on Him, because He cares about you.

For years I have heard preachers talking about casting your cares. I started to follow that advice, and it helped quite a bit when my faith allowed it. Like many other Christians I thought it was complaining. We know how God feels about complaining, so why would we do it on purpose?

I checked out the meaning of complaining and found that the definition is, an expression of dissatisfaction or annoyance about something. Okay. So now I checked out the meaning of petition and found that it is a formal request to an authority with respect to a particular cause.

A light bulb was turned on. I found books written by a couple of pastors that explain how and why we should petition almighty God about what concerns us.

Philippians 4: 6-7,  Don't worry about anything, but in everything, through prayer and petition with Thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.

At that point I started to write petitions to Almighty God. They were almost always for other people. Some were simple, and some where like a grocery list. Petitions were for healing, jobs, finances, helping people find Jesus, and many other things.

Over time there were many answered petitions. I am convinced that in a few cases for sure a miracle took place. nothing else could explain the impossible. Talk about a faith builder. 

One night I was having trouble falling asleep because I had a few concerns on my mind. All at once I felt in my heart that I should talk to our Father God. I spoke to Him as you would talk to someone who loves you and cares about you. To make a long story short, I poured out what was in my heart. I felt that He really did care about me, and it wasn't just words from the Bible.

Well I fell asleep talking to my Heavenly Father, and I slept like a baby, and woke up a free man. It was such an incredible experience, I now do it every night, with the same results.

Every morning I thank God for another day, and all He will allow me to do. Then I ask the Holy Spirit in Jesus name, to help, teach, and guide me in the will of God. The best thing you can do for yourself is to start and end your day with our Lord. You will be happier than you can possibly imagine. God bless you and your family. 

Praise The Lord!

Remember Jesus loves you.

Prayer of Salvation.

Lord Jesus, please forgive all of my sins, and come into my heart as my personal savior. I want to serve Only You. 

Praise The Lord! 

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment