Thursday, October 28, 2021

Lessons For Old Age

Isaiah 46:4, I will be the same until your old age, and I will bear you up when you turn gray. I have made you, and I will carry you; I will bear and rescue you.

There have been a number of times over the years when I heard someone say, old people find Jesus because they are afraid to die. I may have said it too at one time. The question is, is it true?

Since I am 80 years old, I think I can give a responsible evaluation, and come up with an answer that is true for many people. If Jesus is your Savior, there is no reason to fear death. 

Psalm 71:18, Even while I am old and gray, God, do not abandon me, while I Proclaim Your power to another generation. Your strength to all who are to come.

Let's take a look at an ordinary lifetime. I speak these things about some people, myself included. As a person grows and the years pass, we get caught up in life, and live pretty much like everyone else. We decide on how much education to get, probably get a job we don't particularly like, getting married or not, and how to handle finances    and so on. As an old sage said “men lead lives of quiet desperation.  The story for too many.

Most of our Lives, we make decisions with emotion, guided by satan. One bad decision after another. If someone tries to give us good advice, we reject it. We don't even realize that satan is at work.

When we are near old age, we realize there must be a better way. We notice a Christian friend that most people made fun of, seems to have it all together. He is happy and successful, so you finally ask him how and why he is so different. He tells you he knows Jesus. At that point you decide to investigate this Jesus you heard about once in a while. Time to get serious.

One of the biggest things you learn is that Jesus died for you in order to forgive all of your sins and make salvation possible.

At this point satan gets serious. He points out every bad decision, every sin you committed, every failure, and every mistake and evil thing that you did. He tells you that you are too big and bad a sinner to be forgiven. He doesn’t  tell you that he was the reason you did all of that.

satan tries the same thing with believers,  but they know better. They are forgiven and God does not remember their past. Since they became a new person they were saved, and pronounced not guilty in Heaven. When you really stop to think about it, who do you think is probably afraid to die, the old guy who knows Jesus or the guy who has followed satan all his life and never changed?

Ecclesiastes 7: 10-11, You don't say, why were the former days better than these? Since it is not wise of you to ask this. wisdom is as good as an inheritance and an advantage to those who see the sun

God bless you and your family 

Praise The Lord!

Remember Jesus loves you.

Prayer of Salvation.

Lord Jesus, please forgive all my sins and come into my heart as my personal savior. I want to serve Only You. 

Praise the Lord! 

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment