Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Which Reality

Philippians 4:8

Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy-meditate on these things.

There is no need to tell you that we are going through some very hard times. Fear, stress, depression, has overcome many. Even believers in the Lord Jesus,  have moments of doubt.

The other morning, when I was having my private time with the Lord, I was feeling kind of at a loss. I don't mean loss of salvation, but more like discouraged, with the way things are in general in this world. I asked the Holy Spirit to help me, because I know He never lets me down and the answer would be coming.

Well guess what. About 10 seconds later, I got my answer. He asked me which reality I was living. He knew, but He wanted me to think about it.  He explained.

Reality number one. We are living in a world run by satan. That world is filled with rejection of God, hate, lies, corruption, and all kinds of evil. It seems that people in influential positions, are encouraging everyone to spit in God's eye. Truth and justice are non-existent. It seems that most people have their own version of truth.

Reality number two. In God's world, it is sometimes a little hard to live by His ideals because it is spiritual. God's world is full of love, blessings, truth, and knowledge of how much God loves us and takes care of us. When we know Jesus as our Savior we have heaven to look forward to. Incidentally when we look through spiritual eyes, we see what God sees. There are still many people in this world who believe and trust in God. We all receive His blessings, guidance and help through the Holy Spirit.

The Holy Spirit further reminded me that this earth is temporary,  but the spiritual world is forever. Both are reality. Which will you choose?
Deuteronomy 30:15
See, I have set before you today life and good, death and evil.

Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation
Lord Jesus, please forgive all of my sins, and come into my heart as my personal savior. I want to serve only you.
Praise the Lord!
Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment