Thursday, May 11, 2017

The Authority of Believers


It Is Written, Luke 10:19 behold, I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you.
In the past, I heard of believers having authority. So I asked myself what that meant. The answer I came up with, was pretty obvious, check it out. There are a number of books, written by spirit filled people, so I started to read.
Many people do not realize or understand, that God gave Adam and Eve dominion over everything He created. When they sinned, satan took over.
As time went on, God made a covenant with Abraham and his descendants. These were promises from God, to man. God kept His side of the covenant.
When God sent His Son Jesus on the rescue mission to save man, He made a new and better covenant with man. Sometimes this covenant is referred to as the good news. By Jesus death and resurrection, we were healed of all diseases, sin, and we received salvation if we repented and believed that Jesus is Savior.
When Jesus rose from the dead, He told His apostles and disciples, that they were to go out into the world and do what He did and more. To accomplish these miracles, He gave them the same Holy Spirit that worked through Jesus.
Jesus gave man these responsibilities all the way to the time He comes back. Matthew 28:18-20 and Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, all authority has been given to me in Heaven and on earth. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the father and of the son and of the Holy Spirit. Teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and now I am with you always even to the end of the age.
God bless you and your family. Praise the Lord!
Remember Jesus loves you
Prayer of salvation
Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me. Your blood washed away all my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought me salvation. Please forgive my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior.
Thank You Lord
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment