Tuesday, January 19, 2021

My Time With Jesus Tuesday

True Forgiveness

 Isaiah 43:25

I, even I, I am He who blots out your transgressions for My own sake; and I will not remember your sins. 

Forgiveness is something that is difficult for just about everyone at some time or another in their lives. I guess forgiveness is what the Holy Spirit wanted us to talk about and pass  on to you today.

Have you ever heard “forgive and forget”? Most of us have. The big problem is, those same people don't do it. Some are proud to say,” I forgive, but I don't forget”. Is that really forgiveness?

Let us consider this. Suppose someone hurt you deeply. It bothers you so much you can't forget it. The fact is, that the person who hurt you may not realize they hurt you, so they go on with their life. You however think about it constantly. This person hurt you once, but you hurt yourself every time you think about it. Forgiving someone, and thinking about the hurt once in a while, is not forgiveness. It is still with you.

 Acts 3 : 19

Repent therefore and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, so that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord.

True forgiveness is a hard thing. A big part of forgiveness is to forgive and blot it out of your mind like God does with you. Blotting it out is like it never happened. This is what God does with us, and expects us to do the same with others; it tells us in His word forgive others as I have forgiven you. Seems pretty plain don't you think? God bless you and your family. Praise the Lord!

Remember Jesus loves you.

Prayer of Salvation.

Lord Jesus, please forgive all of my sins, and come into my heart as my personal savior. I want to serve only you.  

Praise the Lord!

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment