Tuesday, July 9, 2024

My Time With Jesus Tuesday

A Victim

Psalm 103:6, The Lord works righteousness and justice for all who are oppressed.

The meaning of the word victim is a person harmed, injured, or killed because of an accident, crime, or other event or action. You can also be the victim of a hoax.

It seems to be common these days for people to claim they are a victim of sorts. But are they?

The big thing people can’t seem to accept is that you don’t have to continue to be a victim if in fact you are. Everyone has suffered Injustice at one time or another. What sets the future however is how you handle it. You have a choice to stand up or lay down.

It is a sad thing to say, but in these times of no accountability, some so-called victims prefer to remain victims because self-pity is comforting to many people, and responsibility is not.

Are you a victim because someone says you are, or is it your choice? We have never lived in a time when it seems hurt feelings run society and those who are, claim victimhood

Before you accept the role of victim, think about this. If you see someone who seems to have a lot of things, like a good job, and such, and you don’t, that does not make you a victim?

Everything has a price. What did that person do to achieve what he has? Be honest. When you see what he did, ask yourself if you’re willing to do the same? If you don’t want to put out the effort he made you have no reason to complain. Self-pity is not the answer.

We have all been through it. Things don’t go your way, do something different. The fact is as long as you do your best, you are not a victim. If you decide to do nothing, you are a victim caused by you!

I am not talking about actual victims of crime or accidents, things like that. I’m talking about the name that society uses to escape accountability, or responsibility in many cases. God bless you and your family. Praise The Lord

Remember Jesus loves you.

Prayer of Salvation.

My Lord Jesus Christ, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me. Your blood washed away all my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought me salvation. Please forgive my sins and come into my heart as my personal savior. Amen. 

Praise The Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment