Tuesday, July 23, 2024

My Time With Jesus Tuesday

Grace

Titus 3:7, That having been justified by His grace, we should become heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

We have all heard about God’s grace. It sounds like something good, but what is it really? According to the Hebrew word cheu one of the meanings is kindness. The other word chinnah means favor. The Greek word charis means a divine influence on the heart. 

There are several Hebrew and Greek words for favor. They can be summed up by kindness, delight, and benefit given. I don’t know about anyone else but now I have a better understanding of the verses I read on grace and favor. To me it really shows God’s love to me when I understand what He is giving me. 

Ephesians 1:7, in Him we have redemption through His blood the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace.

If you start reading Scripture, and you run across the word grace or favor. Re-read the verses, keeping in mind what the words grace and favor really mean. To me, when I do that, it makes the verses much more powerful. It can also explain some verses. This is someone says for instance, I found a job by the grace of God, you know he is referring to the kindness of God.

Ephesians 2:8, for by Grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves, it is a gift from God.

I don’t know about you, but the way I feel about Grace is hard to describe. It is hard for most people to believe that the grace of God is a free gift, and if accepted salvation is assured. You no longer have to worry about works, how many works, the kind of works, in order to go to Heaven. The only thing we have to do when we receive the grace of God is, realize it is an invitation to accept the Lord Jesus Christ as your one and only savior. God Bless you and your family. Praise The Lord!

 Remember Jesus loves you.

Prayer of Salvation.

My Lord Jesus Christ, I believe you suffered and died on the cross and rose again from the dead. I believe you did this for my salvation. I ask you to forgive all my sins, and come into my heart as my personal savior. I believe and I receive the greatest gift anyone ever received, and that is salvation.

Amen!

Praise The Lord

No comments:

Post a Comment