Sunday, July 14, 2024

God's Promises Sunday

Choose To Believe

Matthew 21:22, and whatever things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive.

Many people say they would like to believe, but they just can’t. They love to nitpick the Bible as though they were an attorney pleading a case. The sad part is that they usually don’t know anything about what they can’t believe in. People take a few words here and there and conjure up their own story to match what is convenient to them. If they took the time to read the verse in front of, or in back of the words they just picked out, they might just discover the real story.

The solution to the whole problem is simple if you give it a chance. Start out with the thought that eternity is forever. If you don’t think that you have at least 20 minutes a day for the Lord, the devil will make sure you don’t. So, you have to deal with that and that means you have to think to do it.

Mark 9:23, Jesus said to him, if you can believe, all things are possible to him who believes.

Okay so now let’s look at an easy way to do some of this. You can get an MP3 player that is preloaded with the entire Bible. Listen in your car or as you relax. Listen to the bible and read the words at the same time. If you prefer, get a good study Bible and do it that way. A study Bible has verses on the upper part of each page, and an explanation of the verses on the bottom of the page. This will really help you understand the Bible. Take your time you are not in a race.

If you don’t understand something, read it again. If something doesn’t make sense, do what I do. I know the words in the Bible are the word of God, not by my intellect but by my spirit. Therefore, I choose to believe what it says. If God said it and He did, I figured there was some way He said it so we can understand. Keep this in mind though when you read anything in the Bible. Don’t compare what you can do to what God can do.

If you follow this plan for a while, you’ll begin to see what I’m talking about. You begin to see how much God loves you and wants to be with you, and to have you with Him forever. In my own opinion, and this is not biblical, I heard a preacher saying the Bible was written the way it was to test our faith. Many things were written for believers to understand. When you seek the Lord with all your heart, He helps your spirit to understand. Anything else that still remains a puzzle will be answered in eternity. Remember this though, eternity is forever. Give yourself a chance by seeking the Lord and choose to believe.

Psalm 34:22, The Lord redeems the soul of his servants, and none of those who trust in Him shall be condemned.

God bless you and your family. Praise The Lord!

Remember Jesus loves you.

Prayer of Salvation.

 My Lord Jesus Christ, I thank you and Praise you for what you did on the cross for me. By your stripes I was healed, and by shedding your blood you washed away all my sins. Your death and Resurrection made it possible for me to have salvation. I confess all my sins and I ask you to come into my heart as my personal savior. Thank you, Lord Jesus Christ. 

Praise The Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment