Tuesday, July 16, 2024

My Time With Jesus Tuesday

 

Mentoring

Proverbs 27:17, as iron sharpens iron, so a man sharpens the countenance of his friend.

Many times, I have talked about helping other people. There are so many ways to make a difference in someone’s life. One of the ways is something that not too many people think of, and that is mentoring. There is practically no way to get through life without running across examples of someone doing it, receiving it, or ignoring this great opportunity.

Everyone has a first job, unless you were born rich. When you start a job, chances are there will be many things you will need to learn. Usually, the same holds true if you change jobs, or get promoted. At this point, you can ask an older employee to help you to learn. A lot of people are more than happy to help someone, but unfortunately there are some people who won’t.

2 Timothy 2:2, And the things that you have heard from me among many witnesses, commit these to faithful men who will be able to teach others also.

There are many reasons that some people do not help. Among them a lot of people don’t feel they know how to teach, or maybe they don’t know enough to teach, or they don’t want to seem like a know-it-all. Then there are times you run into an answer like, I had to learn the hard way, do you think you’re special? In a more skilled position, some people think it is job security to keep information to themselves. I’m sure there are tons of reasons, so at some point even the absurd makes sense to some people.

If you get the opportunity to teach someone, either because they asked, or you approach them, always do your best. Mentoring does cover a lot of ground. The right attitude can encourage someone, possibly for the rest of their lives. Teach them everything you know. If they have trouble understanding, find another way to explain it. Have patience and understanding because maybe they don’t learn as fast as you do. Make yourself available for questions or problems.

There are some benefits to you also. For one thing you have the knowledge that you are making a difference in someone’s life, even if it is just a small amount. Possibly it could lead to a better position for you in the future, because someone you trained can take your place, so that you can move up into someone else’s place. Just remember that at one time you were in their spot and how much you appreciated someone mentoring you. There’s no better way to show a real Christian attitude than to do what you can to help your fellow man. God bless you and your family. Praise The Lord!

Proverbs 13:20, He who walks with wise men will be wise, but the companion of fools will be destroyed.

Remember Jesus loves you.

Prayer of Salvation.

My Lord Jesus Christ, I thank you and Praise you for what you did on the cross for me. By your stripes I was healed, and by shedding your blood you washed away all my sins. Your death and resurrection made it possible for me to have salvation. I confess all of my sins, and I ask you to come into my heart as my personal savior. Thank you, My Lord Jesus Christ. 

Praise The Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment