Sunday, June 16, 2024

God's Promises Sunday

Truth Doesn’t Change

Proverbs 23:7, as he thinks in his heart, so is he.

The other day I was looking over some of the messages from the past. And a couple of them caught my eye. I thought it would be a good idea to see if anything that was said then is any different than what is said now. So, at this point I will write about a message from 10 years ago. I hope you find it interesting.

Many people in our church seemed to have a lot of personal problems. They are always tired, always sick, always broke, to name a few.

Joel Osteen published a book that fascinated me. He called it I declare. I couldn’t put it down. I felt that the Holy Spirit was telling me to share some of these thoughts with a group of people at church. It concerned the power of the words we use.

Proverbs 18:21, life and death are in the power of the tongue.

 It seems to me since the Bible is God’s letter of instructions for eternal life and blessings on Earth, words must really be important. At the time we were discussing the fact that whatever you verbalize goes into your spiritual word world and starts working. Kind of like a computer, you put garbage in, you get garbage out. Put in the good stuff, and it is a marvel.

You probably know from experience, if you get up and tell yourself you’re tired, you will be. The more you dwell on it, the more tired you get. Hate your job? The more you complain about it, the more you will hate it.

If you’re a negative thinker, your life will be what you think. You will always be tired, broke, hate your job, and experience one catastrophe after another, and I see it in many people, but they are in denial. It stands to reason that if negative is true, the positive must also be true.

To see if I’m talking through my hat, try this for a couple weeks and see for yourself. Take a good attitude about everything. When you get up in the morning, say to yourself out loud, something wonderful is going to happen to me and my family today. Say it, believe it, expect it. 

Other examples are, I really feel-good today. I’ve never had so much pep. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Put a positive spin on everything and say it out loud. Do not verbalize negative thoughts. When it comes right down to it you can ask your spouse to help keep an eye on what you are saying. So, I hope all this puts a fresh Light on the importance of words. God bless you and your family. 

Praise The Lord!

Remember Jesus loves you.

Prayer of Salvation.

My Lord Jesus Christ, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me. Your blood washed away all my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought me salvation. Please forgive my sins and come into my heart as my personal savior. Amen. 

Praise The Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment