Thursday, June 20, 2024

Another Message From The Past

Today was a glorious day outside. Warm, clear, sunny day only the Creator could come up with. It was about noon, and I was in my yard checking out all the berry plants that were coming out of their winter sleep. I happened to look down in front of me and I saw a shadow on my feet. At first, I was puzzled. How could that be? Then it dawned on me, since the sun was directly overhead, it had to be caused by my stomach. Good grief!

The last few months I thought of the possibility of weight gain, because I had some bad habits. Instead of controlling what I ate, I overate and prayed. I guess somehow, I thought it was magic or something, and I would not have to face the consequences.

Well today was wake up call. All my denial finally caught up with me. The Lord is loving and merciful, but he will not enable you to do what is not good for you or someone else. I shouldn’t complain though because I knew in my heart, I was wrong, but I refused to admit it even to myself.

Well, I prayed for help to overcome my problem and the Lord answered. He put in my heart, just as people throughout the Bible learned, I had to do my part. I had to reject my ways and face up to the fact that what I must do may not be pleasant, but that is the price for not being honest with myself to begin with.

Now I check out diets, go to the gym, and exercise in general. I do portion control, no matter how much I want more food like potato chips, ice cream, or fries. Sound familiar?

I realized God will help me, but at the same time, there is no free lunch. Someone pays. So now that I got over my initial shock and screwing my head on straight, everything is fine. In a few weeks, no more shadows. I will do what it takes with the help of our Lord Jesus Christ. It isn’t magic, it’s common sense, faith, and trust. God bless you and your family. 

Praise The Lord!

Remember Jesus loves you.

Prayer of Salvation.

My Lord Jesus Christ, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me. Your blood washed away all my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought me salvation. Please forgive my sins and come into my heart as my personal savior. Amen. 

Praise The Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment