Tuesday, September 24, 2024

My Time With Jesus Tuesday

The Holy Spirit In You

Acts 2:38, Then Peter said to them, repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

The message today is one that we wrote about a number of years ago. We brought it back because it was very important then and it is even more important now.

I was reading a book written by John G Lake called “your power in the Holy Spirit. The author was a preacher around 100 years ago. A lot of what he wrote is what we hear today. Some of it really got me started, especially at that time as I was just coming around to know the Holy Spirit and about faith and prayer. This book gave me a new and better way to look at important things such as the baptism of the Holy Spirit.

1 Corinthians 6:19, do you not know that your body is the Temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own?

I don’t know about you, but I was anxious to be baptized in the Holy Spirit. My feeling was that the Holy Spirit was where the power is. Praying in the spirit was the ultimate prayer. The key to power. Don’t get me wrong, I just wanted to be closer to God and thought that was the answer.

The Bible tells us that when Paul was teaching, cloths and a few other things touched by Paul were used by Believers to heal people. The cloth is placed on the sick person or just touched a person, and they were healed. The reason these cloths caused people to be healed, is that they were saturated with the Spirit of God.

I thought that was quite a revelation. Lake’s book went on to say that when we are baptized in the Holy Spirit, every cell in our body is saturated with the spirit of God. Talk about a blockbuster statement. This way of looking at the baptism of the Holy Spirit changes the way a person looks at everything.

Think about this for a minute. If every cell is saturated with the Spirit of God, how could any evil thing, such as sickness or doubt survive? It can’t. Think of it this way. Suppose your cells were soaked in antibiotics, could a germ survive?

We have all heard that the spirit lives inside of us. We tend to see that blessings with human eyes and don’t usually give it much thought. However, when you look at it spiritually, you start to realize what we have. For one thing it is written where two or more are gathered there I will be also. The way I look at it, the Holy Spirit and I agree, and are together always. This is a no brainer. 

When you pray for someone, you are a contact point. Just like the cloth in the story of Paul. You are passing Jesus’ faith and healing power to the other person. The great thing is, Jesus never runs out of faith or power, so you could always be a conduit. Ask the Holy Spirit to help you to see what you have been blessed with. God bless you and your family. Praise The Lord!

Remember Jesus loves you.

Prayer of Salvation.

My Lord Jesus Christ, I am a sinner. I know you suffered and died on the cross and rose again in order to wash away my sins and to save me. I acknowledge my sins, and I Repent of those sins and ask you to come into my heart as my personal savior. I believe and I receive the gift of salvation. Thank you, My Lord Jesus Christ. Amen! 

Praise The Lord!!

No comments:

Post a Comment