Sunday, September 15, 2024

God's Promises Sunday

Accepting Blessings

John 8:31-32, If you abide in My word you are My disciples indeed. And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

There are many people who have handicaps of one sort or another. Handicaps that are physical and sometimes age-related are common. Along with the obvious handicaps there are questions of self-worth so that makes it an emotional or mental problem also.

On many occasions, well- meaning people will try to help someone, and will receive anger and hostility in return. Why is that? Let’s look at some reasons.

Psalm 5:12, For You O Lord will bless the righteous; with favor You will surround him as with a shield.

Usually, a person that has a problem looks at themselves as not being a whole person, and they resent someone who has what they do not have or cannot do. This could be as simple as an older person who cannot cut his own grass. This can also be a pride issue.

I would like to be an example. I am 82 years old. There are days that are too hot, and I have trouble breathing. There are days under 45 degrees that I have trouble breathing. The doctor gave me all the rules and told me I better stick to them.

Last winter one of my neighbors started shoveling my snow, and does it all of the time. This summer another neighbor started cutting my grass, every week.

At first in each of these cases, I was thankful, but being honest, it hurt my pride a little. Here I am an old man and kind of helpless in certain things and these people are taking care of me.

My message to all of my fellow people in need of help. Thank God for the help. My helpers told me I was doing them a favor because they didn’t have to go to the gym. Can you imagine that. Talk about kind loving people.

I believe with all my heart; these people are receiving blessings from almighty God for helping me and others. As the Lord Jesus Christ said,

Matthew 25:40, the king will answer and say to them, assuredly I say to you and as much as you did it to one of these my brethren you did it to me.

At this point the only thing I can say is, don’t cheat these helpers from God by taking away their blessings. Instead pray for these Servants of Almighty God and their well-being and the well-being of their families. God bless you and your family. Praise The Lord!

Remember Jesus loves you.

Prayer of Salvation.

My Lord Jesus Christ, I am a sinner.  I know you suffered and died on the cross and rose again to wash away my sins and to save me. I acknowledge my sins, and I repent of those sins, and I ask you to come into my heart as my personal savior. I believe and I receive the gift of Salvation. Thank you, Lord Jesus. 

Amen, 

Praise The Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment