Sunday, September 8, 2024

God's Promises Sunday

LIFE IS A BATTLE

Romans 12:21, do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

As we go about our daily lives, the majority of our fellow human beings do not realize what is really going on. Life is a years long battle between good and evil.

We are bombarded with all sorts of distractions that can lead to some unpleasant results. Perhaps you have heard the term diversionary tactic. These tactics are used every day by the military, companies, and all levels of politics.

The whole idea every time is to create something for you to focus on, while your adversary goes about doing something that you will not be aware of until it is too late.

1 Peter 5:8, Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour.

satan wants to keep you from knowing the Lord Jesus Christ by overloading your brain with sinful actions that will distract you. He wants you to get so involved with his picture of pleasure, that you never think of God, or the Lord Jesus Christ.

When someone becomes a follower of our Lord Jesus, they receive the Holy Spirit, and what is called the fruits of the spirit.

Galatians 5:22-23, The fruit of the spirit is love, Joy, peace, long-suffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.

The Holy Spirit also helps us to know what is good and what is evil. This is what’s known as discernment. The fruits are in fact a guide telling us how to live. It isn’t the only thing but it’s a good start in your journey with the Lord Jesus Christ. And that journey leads to eternal life. It is also a way of avoiding satans’ traps. ‘

God bless you and your family. 

Praise The Lord!

Remember Jesus loves you.

Prayer of Salvation.

My Lord Jesus Christ, I thank you and Praise you for what you did on the cross for me. By your stripes I was healed and your blood washed away my sins. Your death and resurrection made my salvation possible. I confess my sins, and I ask you to come into my heart as my personal savior. Amen. 

Praise The Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment