Thursday, August 8, 2024

Not Their Fault

Romans 2:1, therefore you are inexcusable, oh man, whoever you are who judge, for in whatever you judge another you condemn yourself; for you who judge practice the same things.

Every one of us have had times in our lives when we had to deal with people who we thought were acting strangely or doing things that seemed different or wrong to us. How do you explain some of these behaviors?

A classic example is that of a father and his children. I have heard a guy say that the only way he and his sister survived childhood, was the fact that they had an enemy in common, their father.

Galatians 6:5, For each one shall bear his own load.

Unfortunately, there are many people who feel a lot like that. In most cases the causes are similar. The parents, especially the father, raises his children the way he was raised.

Almost all of the habits your parents passed on to you, are a result of what was passed on to them. If we realize this fact, it can help us be better parents. First, we must forgive our parents because they didn’t know any better.

If your dad was distant and not very interested in you, use that to be better with your children. Children imitate their parents and learn right or wrong from them.

We are responsible for the well-being of our children, because we are one of the reasons they are here. They didn’t just appear on our doorstep. They are our responsibility.

The idea is, if you break a generational lesson you learned from your parents and start doing things the correct way, it is likely your children will grow up and instruct their children properly. And so, it goes, generation after generation, each one better than the one before. That is what the Lord had in mind. It’s not that hard. It takes help from the Lord Jesus Christ, the Holy Spirit, and determination. I say that because I know what it takes to break traditions and start doing things the way they should be.

Proverbs 22:6, train up a child in the way he should go and when he is old, he will not depart from it.

The Lord God Almighty will bless you and your family. And so, your children will bless you. Praise The Lord!  God bless you and your family.

Remember Jesus loves you.

Prayer of Salvation.

My Lord Jesus Christ, I Thank you and Praise you for what you did on the cross for me. By your stripes I was healed, and by shedding your blood you washed away all my sins. Your death and Resurrection made it possible for me to have salvation. I confess all my sins and I ask you to come into my heart as my personal savior. Thank you, My Lord Jesus Christ. 

Praise The Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment