Tuesday, August 27, 2024

My Time With Jesus Tuesday

Praise The Lord Anyway

Psalm 150:6, Let everything that has breath Praise the Lord.

The real beginning of my faith started years ago. Some might say it was a coincidence, or nonsense. I believe that it was the hand of God.

Ephesians 1:3, blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the Heavenly places in Christ.

There was a book with the name, Praise the Lord anyway. It floated around a couple of dozen people in my wife’s family for two or three years, and no one even started to read it. So, my mother-in-law gave it to me.

I started to read the book that evening and did not put it down until I read it all. At that point I made up my mind to start doing what the book said as much as I possibly could. It literally changed my life.

John 4:14, God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must Worship in spirit and Truth.

After following this idea for several months, I started to get a little discouraged. On a dark cloudy day, as I was driving home from a really bad day at work, I hit the bottom.

In my misery and desperation, I called out in a loud voice, God if you’re real show me. At that moment I saw an explosion of light that was brighter than anything I ever saw. As I said it was a dark cloudy day so that light really was a miracle.

My body was like a dead battery that suddenly got a full charge. I don’t really know the exact things that happened the first few minutes, because I was crying too much. I don’t even know how I got home.

Well, my friends, my life changed drastically at that point 50 years ago. I must admit it started slow, but it grew every year. When you stop to realize that the Lord God Almighty is in charge, and that His decisions are better than yours, it gets a lot easier. I don’t tell you this story because I believe it was something special that happened to me only, I believe it happens to many people who ask the Lord God Almighty to give them knowledge of His presence.

 I have become friends with dozens of people over the years that have had their own version of an experience with the Almighty God. Kind of a funny thing when people get desperate enough, they call on God. It’s too bad we don’t all smarten up sooner and call on Him when things are good because they will get better.

When you talk to God, you must be sincere. You cannot treat Him as a get out of jail card, and forget about Him after He helps you.

God bless you and your family. Praise The Lord!

Remember Jesus loves you.

Prayer of Salvation.

My Lord Jesus Christ, I thank you and Praise you for what you did on the cross for me. By your stripes I was healed, and your blood washed away my sins. Your death and resurrection made my salvation possible. I Repent of my sins, and I ask you to come into my heart as my personal savior. Thank you, My Lord Jesus. Amen. 

Praise The Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment