Tuesday, August 13, 2024

My Time With Jesus Tuesday

Witnessing For Christ

Matthew 5:16, let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in Heaven.

If you were to ask the average church-going Christian about witnessing for Jesus, they would probably tell you that they think they should, but they have a difficult time doing it. Most people think the only way to witness for Christ is to ring doorbells and pass out tracks. I’m not saying this is wrong, it is just one way, and it doesn’t work very well with some people.

I once told a story about a couple I had known for a long time. As you well know, when you see somebody, they ask you how everything is going but they don’t really care. I know when someone asks that they don’t expect a real answer. They should never ask me, because I will break the unwritten rule and actually tell them.

Well getting back to this couple. When I mentioned my ministry, you would think I was talking about the social life of a germ. They couldn’t be less interested and changed the subject with the speed of light, but it didn’t faze me. The brief meeting became even briefer because they obviously were uncomfortable.

When I first started this ministry, I asked the Holy Spirit to guide me and tell me what to say. and allow Him to do the rest. Part of that was finding the right people to hear the message. I believe that if you’re reading this message now, it is part of His plan.

Getting back to the couple I spoke about. It was a few weeks after that that I received a phone call from the man. He asked me how he could find me online. I told him, that was all I said about it. A month or two later I received another call. This time they told me that they read almost all of the messages I had written. What a change of hearts. 

To make a long story short, it shows me that the Holy Spirit is working. He inspires me and He will inspire you. When you feel the urge in your heart, start talking to Him to find out what it is He’s really trying to tell you. You would be surprised at how much you really start to believe. Just takes a little matter of time and believe it or not you will start acting the way your heart leads you, and by doing good, exhibiting to the rest of the world the reflection of the light of Jesus.

Daniel 12:3, and those who are wise shall shine like the brightness of the firmament, and those who turn many to righteousness like the stars forever and ever.

God bless you and your family. Praise The Lord!

Remember Jesus loves you,

Prayer of Salvation.

My Lord Jesus Christ, I thank you and Praise you for what you did on the cross for me. By your stripes I was healed, and by shedding your blood you washed away all my sins. Your death and resurrection made it possible for me to have salvation. I confess all my sins, and I ask you to come into my heart as my personal savior. Thank you, My Lord Jesus Christ. 

Praise The Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment