Thursday, October 3, 2024

Never Lost

Hebrews 13:5, let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, I will never leave you nor forsake you.

The message today is based on a real-life example of something the Lord Jesus said. A few days ago, my wife and I were leaving Canada after a short visit with our son. We were leaving Sue Saint Marie Ontario at 6 a.m, On a very dark rainy day.  

I turned on the GPS but it didn’t work. We drove to a gas station and tried again; it still didn’t work. We knew the International Bridge was somewhere around the area, so we explored the area trusting in the Lord.

As we drove around, we saw a sign pointing to the Border. In all there were five different signs that led us to the bridge back to the USA and home.

Philippians 4: 6-7, be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with Thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God which surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and Minds through Christ Jesus.

The GPS started working. When we were about 10 miles into the U.S, the GPS gave us a message to exit. It was wrong. Rainy, dark, and an unfamiliar location gave us the idea that we might be lost.

I just started to drive in the direction of Home, and I ignored the GPS continual instructions. After a while GPS decided, we were going the right way.

Through most of the trip GPS tried to lead us in the wrong direction. It recalculated its little heart out, so I just shut it off. While all of this was going on, we continued to talk to the Lord

After we got home, my wife and I talked about the trip home and a number of things came to us that we didn’t think of at the time, but we knew.

The Lord Jesus Christ Our Savior is never lost. Since He is in us and never lost, common sense would tell you that we aren’t lost either. He shows us the way no matter what is bothering us.

This story is much longer, but I think you get the idea. Through all of this we asked the Lord for help and things just happened for our good.

When you go through life, there are many things you cannot count on. Money, position, and anything else you can name. The reason I am sure all of these distractions were from satan is, he cannot stand when we trust in the Lord and he never stops trying to get us to change our minds. Its no secret my friends that GPS, and any other man-made contrivance if flawed. 

 GPS is supposed to navigate you to a specific destination. The Bible leads you to your ultimate destination, helping you to avoid or overcome things that will keep you from finishing your journey.

The moral of the story is at least to us, is you will not get thrown off course if you follow our creators’ instructions, the Bible. satan can only put thoughts in your head to make you afraid or to worry, but the truth is you don’t have to accept what he’s telling you. Ask yourself why it is so easy to listen to satan, and not to the Lord God Almighty. I think that’s a question we should all ask ourselves. God bless you and your family. Praise The Lord!

Remember Jesus loves you.

Prayer of Salvation.

My Lord Jesus Christ, I believe you died on the cross and rose again for me. By your stripes I was healed, and your blood washed away all my sins. I Repent of my sins, and I ask you to come into my heart as my personal savior. I thank you I Praise you and I love you for making it possible for my salvation. Amen!

Praise The Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment