Sunday, May 19, 2024

God's Promises Sunday

Holy Communion Is Important

John 6:53-58, Then Jesus said to them, most assuredly I say to you unless you eat the flesh of the Son of man and drink His blood you have no life in you. Whoever eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life and I will raise him on the last day. For My flesh is food indeed, and My blood is drink indeed, he who eats My flesh and drinks My blood abides in Me and in him. As the living Father sent Me and I live because of the Father, so he who feeds on Me will live because of Me. This is the bread which came down from Heaven-not as your father’s ate the mama and are dead. He who eats this bread will live forever.

It is sad to say but there are some churches that pay very little attention to Holy Communion. The ones that do offer Holy Communion once a month. If pastors think so little of such an important Act of Faith, where does that leave the flock?

As our opening verses tell us what the Lord Jesus Christ thought of what we call Holy Communion, how can anyone who claims to follow the Lord Jesus Christ justify not taking communion regularly?

1 Corinthians 11:26-29, for as often as you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord’s death till He comes. Therefore, whoever eats this bread and drinks this cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord. But let him in examine himself, and so let him eat the bread and drink of the cup. Where he who eats and drinks in an unworthy manner, drinks judgment on himself not discerning the Lord’s body.

Okay we see how we are to approach Holy Communion with deep respect for what it represents. Almighty God knows our hearts in all things. He knows the attitudes people have in general and that most people are not aware of its significance, because they were never taught.

My wife and I have prayer time, the Bible, and Holy Communion every morning by ourselves. It is too important to partake once a month. Many people do not believe you can do communion by yourself, but when it is the only thing open to you I believe the Lord understands. 

John 8:12, And then Jesus spoke to them again saying, I am the light of the world. He who follows me shall not walk in darkness but have the light of Life.

God bless you and your family. Praise The Lord.

Remember Jesus loves you.

Prayer of Salvation.

My Lord Jesus Christ, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me. Your blood washed away all my sins and by your stripes I was healed. Your death and resurrection brought me salvation. Please forgive my sins and come into my heart as my personal savior.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment